Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My First Baby Shower!




Most importantly I need to mention how blessed I am to have the friends I have. They are very important in my life and truly made me feel very special this past weekend. Moving to Milwaukee, I have been brought further away from my girlfriends! They made a long trip from Minnesota (4 of them) and Chicago (1 of them) to Milwaukee this last weekend to visit me and baby marco and throw us a baby shower!

Our weekends together usually include nothing but hanging out and talking, eating and catching up on the past few months of our lifes! There were many stories to tell, and we felt every emotion that eachother feel in each story we tell! By the end of the weekend, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard! I was exhausted on Sunday! :)
For the shower we had lunch at a tea room downtown. It was a little awkward for us, usually we are not sipping tea, but rather enjoying cocktails, but we made it work and it was a lot of fun.
The girls each gave me a onesie and added their own personal touch by personalizing the onesie, one for example said "My mom is obsessed with So You Think You Can Dance!" Such a cute idea. They also all gave me their favorite childrens book, when they were a kid! So we have a little libarary started. They bought my baby bedding for the baby's room, which I love! Not to mention the adorable little cloths that were much needed! Finally, they painted the baby's room for me (well, for Tim) and he greatly appreciated it!

They went above and beyond! I just wanted them here and that would have been enough, but they made the weekend perfect! I cherish our friendship and look forward to many more showers and events to share with you all! I love you all! THANK YOU!

Attached are some pictures of the room and bedding and at the shower! Decorations were done my Rach's sister Jess, and they were adorable, she has a blog which shows her business Polka Dots and Pirates, that she recently started! She is very talented! Take a look!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

WE LOVE YOU, GINA!!

And what a beautiful boquet of flowers on the table....hee hee. Did you notice Darcy seperated them into two before we left?? :)

I'm glad you had a great weekend, we did too!!

Rach

Jess said...

Thanks for the shout out, Mrs. Marco! It was so fun making them for you. Hope to see you soon.

Jess

aunt pat said...

Hi you guys....

Congratulations on your baby boy. Glad your pregnancy is going so well. Keep on writing....

Love you both
Aunt Pat

About Me

The Marco Family consists of Gina (mom), Tim (dad), and 3 year old donovan (son) and 1 yeal old Ryann (daughter)! As a family we feel completly blessed! We enjoy everyday together as a family and want to share all of our experiences and happiness with family and friends!